Sorts of hosting services
A hosting service is associated with depositing and/or sharing given web content on a hosting server managed by a website hosting distributor. There are different kinds of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's explore these. In this way, you can elect what you need, based on whether you wish to run a website, mailbox accounts, or to share files with mates and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution provided by given companies, which permits you to share immense files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole purpose is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting plans frequently involve ads by the download links, while a timer compels you to await a specific interval of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a completely inaccurate interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would divide the tasks at hand between individual groups of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving different webspace hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, webspace hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is only a sort of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific vendors offer a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting kind is appropriate if you want to share an immense number of pictures with buddies or colleagues since the service is usually free. You will get a random link for each and every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to handling your email address accounts. Some companies provide web hosting services for web pages, but do not supply an e-mail hosting solution. If you would like to run an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to possess a website, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can create electronic mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video creates a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video files and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have trouble with your website hosting quotas. Embedding the video will permit you to use as many video clips as you want to without worrying about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you need if you desire to keep a site. To some degree, it encompasses all of the aforesaid hosting kinds since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and mail addresses, upload video files, and so on. At Eurabiahosting, for instance, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that enable you to get all of the aforesaid services in one place. There may be restrictions based on the kind of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web site hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the normal email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are conceived for particular web content exclusively.